• Melt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To dissolve; as, sugar melts in the mouth.
- (v. i.) To lose distinct form or outline; to blend.
- (v. i.) To disappear by being dispersed or dissipated; as, the fog melts away.
- (v. i.) To be changed from a solid to a liquid state under the influence of heat; as, butter and wax melt at moderate temperatures.
- (v.) To reduce from a solid to a liquid state, as by heat; to liquefy; as, to melt wax, tallow, or lead; to melt ice or snow.
- (n.) See 2d Milt.
- (v. i.) Hence: To be softened; to become tender, mild, or gentle; also, to be weakened or subdued, as by fear.
- (v.) Hence: To soften, as by a warming or kindly influence; to relax; to render gentle or susceptible to mild influences; sometimes, in a bad sense, to take away the firmness of; to weaken.
• Melted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Melt
• Melter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, melts.