• Member Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any essential part, as a post, tie rod, strut, etc., of a framed structure, as a bridge truss.
- (n.) Any part of a building, whether constructional, as a pier, column, lintel, or the like, or decorative, as a molding, or group of moldings.
- (v. t.) To remember; to cause to remember; to mention.
- (n.) Hence, a part of a whole; an independent constituent of a body
- (n.) One of the persons composing a society, community, or the like; an individual forming part of an association; as, a member of the society of Friends.
- (n.) A part of an animal capable of performing a distinct office; an organ; a limb.
- (n.) Either of the two parts of an algebraic equation, connected by the sign of equality.
- (n.) A part of a discourse or of a period or sentence; a clause; a part of a verse.
• Membership Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being a member.
- (n.) The collective body of members, as of a society.