• Memorial Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A written representation of facts, addressed to the government, or to some branch of it, or to a society, etc., -- often accompanied with a petition.
- (a.) Mnemonic; assisting the memory.
- (n.) A memorandum; a record.
- (n.) Anything intended to preserve the memory of a person or event; something which serves to keep something else in remembrance; a monument.
- (a.) Serving to preserve remembrance; commemorative; as, a memorial building.
- (n.) Memory; remembrance.
- (n.) A species of informal state paper, much used in negotiation.
• Memorialist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who writes or signs a memorial.
• Memorializer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who petitions by a memorial.