• Merited Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Merit
• Merit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Esp. in a good sense: The quality or state of deserving well; worth; excellence.
- (n.) To earn by service or performance; to have a right to claim as reward; to deserve; sometimes, to deserve in a bad sense; as, to merit punishment.
- (n.) Reward deserved; any mark or token of excellence or approbation; as, his teacher gave him ten merits.
- (n.) To reward.
- (v. i.) To acquire desert; to gain value; to receive benefit; to profit.
- (n.) The quality or state of deserving well or ill; desert.
• Meritedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By merit; deservedly.