• Merry Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Causing laughter, mirth, gladness, or delight; as, / merry jest.
- (n.) A kind of wild red cherry.
- (superl.) Laughingly gay; overflowing with good humor and good spirits; jovial; inclined to laughter or play ; sportive.
- (superl.) Cheerful; joyous; not sad; happy.
• Merrythought Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The forked bone of a fowls breast; -- called also wishbone. See Furculum.
• Merry-andrew Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One whose business is to make sport for others; a buffoon; a zany; especially, one who attends a mountebank or quack doctor.