• Mid Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Occupying a middle position; middle; as, the mid finger; the mid hour of night.
- (superl.) Denoting the middle part; as, in mid ocean.
- (prep.) See Amid.
- (n.) Middle.
- (superl.) Made with a somewhat elevated position of some certain part of the tongue, in relation to the palate; midway between the high and the low; -- said of certain vowel sounds; as, a (ale), / (/ll), / (/ld). See Guide to Pronunciation, // 10, 11.
• Mi Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A syllable applied to the third tone of the scale of C, i. e., to E, in European solmization, but to the third tone of any scale in the American system.
• Mid sea Definition & Synonyms
- () Alt. of Mid-sea
• Middleman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An agent between two parties; a broker; a go-between; any dealer between the producer and the consumer; in Ireland, one who takes land of the proprietors in large tracts, and then rents it out in small portions to the peasantry.
- (n.) The man who occupies a central position in a file of soldiers.
- (n.) A person of intermediate rank; a commoner.