• Minstrel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In the Middle Ages, one of an order of men who subsisted by the arts of poetry and music, and sang verses to the accompaniment of a harp or other instrument; in modern times, a poet; a bard; a singer and harper; a musician.
• Minstrelsy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A collective body of minstrels, or musicians; also, a collective body of minstrels songs.
- (n.) Musical instruments.
- (n.) The arts and occupation of minstrels; the singing and playing of a minstrel.