• Miss Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Mistake; error; fault.
- (n.) A young unmarried woman or a girl; as, she is a miss of sixteen.
- (n.) A title of courtesy prefixed to the name of a girl or a woman who has not been married. See Mistress, 5.
- (n.) Harm from mistake.
- (v. i.) To go wrong; to err.
- (n.) A kept mistress. See Mistress, 4.
- (n.) Loss; want; felt absence.
- (v. i.) To fail to hit; to fly wide; to deviate from the true direction.
- (v. t.) To discover the absence or omission of; to feel the want of; to mourn the loss of; to want.
- (v. i.) To be absent, deficient, or wanting.
- (v. t.) To fail of hitting, reaching, getting, finding, seeing, hearing, etc.; as, to miss the mark one shoots at; to miss the train by being late; to miss opportunites of getting knowledge; to miss the point or meaning of something said.
- (n.) The act of missing; failure to hit, reach, find, obtain, etc.
- (n.) In the game of three-card loo, an extra hand, dealt on the table, which may be substituted for the hand dealt to a player.
- (v. t.) To omit; to fail to have or to do; to get without; to dispense with; -- now seldom applied to persons.
- (v. i.) To fail to obtain, learn, or find; -- with of.
• Mis Definition & Synonyms
- (a. & adv.) Wrong; amiss.
• Missheathed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Sheathed by mistake; wrongly sheathed; sheathed in a wrong place.
• Missionary Definition & Synonyms
- (n) One who is sent on a mission; especially, one sent to propagate religion.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to missions; as, a missionary meeting; a missionary fund.