• Mistake Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Misconception, error, which when non-negligent may be ground for rescinding a contract, or for refusing to perform it.
- (v. i.) To err in knowledge, perception, opinion, or judgment; to commit an unintentional error.
- (v. t.) To take in a wrong sense; to misunderstand misapprehend, or misconceive; as, to mistake a remark; to mistake ones meaning.
- (v. t.) To make or form amiss; to spoil in making.
- (n.) An apprehending wrongly; a misconception; a misunderstanding; a fault in opinion or judgment; an unintentional error of conduct.
- (v. t.) To take or choose wrongly.
- (v. t.) To substitute in thought or perception; as, to mistake one person for another.
- (v. t.) To have a wrong idea of in respect of character, qualities, etc.; to misjudge.
• Mistaken Definition & Synonyms
- (p.a.) Being in error; judging wrongly; having a wrong opinion or a misconception; as, a mistaken man; he is mistaken.
- (p.a.) Erroneous; wrong; as, a mistaken notion.
- (p. p.) of Mistake