• Mitring Definition & Synonyms
- () of Mitre
• Mitre Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To match together, as two pieces of molding or brass rule on a line bisecting the angle of junction; to bevel the ends or edges of, for the purpose of matching together at an angle.
- (n.) A sort of base money or coin.
- (n.) The surface forming the beveled end or edge of a piece where a miter joint is made; also, a joint formed or a junction effected by two beveled ends or edges; a miter joint.
- (v. t.) To place a miter upon; to adorn with a miter.
- (n.) A covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church dignitaries. It has been made in many forms, the present form being a lofty cap with two points or peaks.
- (v. i.) To meet and match together, as two pieces of molding, on a line bisecting the angle of junction.
- (n. & v.) See Miter.