• Mocked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Mock
• Mock Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To imitate; to mimic; esp., to mimic in sport, contempt, or derision; to deride by mimicry.
- (a.) Imitating reality, but not real; false; counterfeit; assumed; sham.
- (n.) Imitation; mimicry.
- (v. t.) To disappoint the hopes of; to deceive; to tantalize; as, to mock expectation.
- (n.) An act of ridicule or derision; a scornful or contemptuous act or speech; a sneer; a jibe; a jeer.
- (v. i.) To make sport contempt or in jest; to speak in a scornful or jeering manner.
- (v. t.) To treat with scorn or contempt; to deride.