• Modest Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Evincing modestly in the actor, author, or speaker; not showing presumption; not excessive or extreme; moderate; as, a modest request; modest joy.
- (a.) Restraining within due limits of propriety; not forward, bold, boastful, or presumptious; rather retiring than pushing ones self forward; not obstructive; as, a modest youth; a modest man.
- (a.) Observing the proprieties of the sex; not unwomanly in act or bearing; free from undue familiarity, indecency, or lewdness; decent in speech and demeanor; -- said of a woman.
• Modestly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a modest manner.