• Mole Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A spot, mark, or small permanent protuberance on the human body; esp., a spot which is dark-colored, from which commonly issue one or more hairs.
- (n.) A mound or massive work formed of masonry or large stones, etc., laid in the sea, often extended either in a right line or an arc of a circle before a port which it serves to defend from the violence of the waves, thus protecting ships in a harbor; also, sometimes, the harbor itself.
- (n.) Any insectivore of the family Talpidae. They have minute eyes and ears, soft fur, and very large and strong fore feet.
- (n.) A mass of fleshy or other more or less solid matter generated in the uterus.
- (v. t.) To clear of molehills.
- (n.) A spot; a stain; a mark which discolors or disfigures.
- (v. t.) To form holes in, as a mole; to burrow; to excavate; as, to mole the earth.
- (n.) A plow of peculiar construction, for forming underground drains.
• Molecular Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, connected with, produced by, or consisting of, molecules; as, molecular forces; molecular groups of atoms, etc.
• Molendinaceous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Molendinarious