• Monarch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One superior to all others of the same kind; as, an oak is called the monarch of the forest.
- (n.) A very large red and black butterfly (Danais Plexippus); -- called also milkweed butterfly.
- (n.) A sole or supreme ruler; a sovereign; the highest ruler; an emperor, king, queen, prince, or chief.
- (a.) Superior to others; preeminent; supreme; ruling.
- (n.) A patron deity or presiding genius.
• Monarchal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to a monarch; suiting a monarch; sovoreign; regal; imperial.