• Mormo Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bugbear; false terror.
• Mormon Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Latter-day saint
- (n.) A genus of sea birds, having a large, thick bill; the puffin.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Mormons; as, the Mormon religion; Mormon practices.
- (n.) One of a sect in the United States, followers of Joseph Smith, who professed to have found an addition to the Bible, engraved on golden plates, called the Book of Mormon, first published in 1830. The Mormons believe in polygamy, and their hierarchy of apostles, etc., has control of civil and religious matters.
- (n.) The mandrill.
- (n.) A member of a sect, called the Reorganized Church of Jesus of Latterday Saints, which has always rejected polygamy. It was organized in 1852, and is represented in about forty States and Territories of the United States.