• Morse Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Morse code
- (n.) A clasp for fastening garments in front.
- (n.) The walrus. See Walrus.
• Morse code Definition & Synonyms
- () The telegraphic code, consisting of dots, dashes, and spaces, invented by Samuel B. Morse. The Alphabetic code which is in use in North America is given below. In length, or duration, one dash is theoretically equal to three dots; the space between the elements of a letter is equal to one dot; the interval in spaced letters, as O . ., is equal to three dots. There are no spaces in any letter composed wholly or in part of dashes.