• Mortality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Those who are, or that which is, mortal; the human cace; humanity; human nature.
- (n.) Death; destruction.
- (n.) Human life; the life of a mortal being.
- (n.) The condition or quality of being mortal; subjection to death or to the necessity of dying.
- (n.) The whole sum or number of deaths in a given time or a given community; also, the proportion of deaths to population, or to a specific number of the population; death rate; as, a time of great, or low, mortality; the mortality among the settlers was alarming.