• Mothered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Mother
- (a.) Thick, like mother; viscid.
• Mother Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A film or membrane which is developed on the surface of fermented alcoholic liquids, such as vinegar, wine, etc., and acts as a means of conveying the oxygen of the air to the alcohol and other combustible principles of the liquid, thus leading to their oxidation.
- (n.) Hysterical passion; hysteria.
- (n.) That which has produced or nurtured anything; source of birth or origin; generatrix.
- (n.) An old woman or matron.
- (a.) Received by birth or from ancestors; native, natural; as, mother language; also acting the part, or having the place of a mother; producing others; originating.
- (n.) A female parent; especially, one of the human race; a woman who has borne a child.
- (n.) The female superior or head of a religious house, as an abbess, etc.
- (v. i.) To become like, or full of, mother, or thick matter, as vinegar.
- (v. t.) To adopt as a son or daughter; to perform the duties of a mother to.