• Mould Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Cast; form; shape; character.
- (v. t.) To form into a particular shape; to shape; to model; to fashion.
- (v. i.) To become moldy; to be covered or filled, in whole or in part, with a mold.
- (v. t.) To knead; as, to mold dough or bread.
- (n.) That on which, or in accordance with which, anything is modeled or formed; anything which serves to regulate the size, form, etc., as the pattern or templet used by a shipbuilder, carpenter, or mason.
- (v. t.) To cause to become moldy; to cause mold to grow upon.
- (v.) Earthy material; the matter of which anything is formed; composing substance; material.
- (v.) Crumbling, soft, friable earth; esp., earth containing the remains or constituents of organic matter, and suited to the growth of plants; soil.
- (n.) A frame with a wire cloth bottom, on which the pump is drained to form a sheet, in making paper by hand.
- (n.) A growth of minute fungi of various kinds, esp. those of the great groups Hyphomycetes, and Physomycetes, forming on damp or decaying organic matter.
- (n.) A group of moldings; as, the arch mold of a porch or doorway; the pier mold of a Gothic pier, meaning the whole profile, section, or combination of parts.
- () Alt. of Mouldy
- (v. t.) To form a mold of, as in sand, in which a casting may be made.
- (v. t.) To cover with mold or soil.
- (n.) A fontanel.
- (v. t.) To ornament by molding or carving the material of; as, a molded window jamb.
- (n.) The matrix, or cavity, in which anything is shaped, and from which it takes its form; also, the body or mass containing the cavity; as, a sand mold; a jelly mold.
• Mouldboard Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A follow board.
- (n.) A curved plate of iron (originally of wood) back of the share of a plow, which turns over the earth in plowing.
• Mouldering Definition & Synonyms
- () of Moulder