• Mountain Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mountainlike mass; something of great bulk.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a mountain or mountains; growing or living on a mountain; found on or peculiar to mountains; among mountains; as, a mountain torrent; mountain pines; mountain goats; mountain air; mountain howitzer.
- (n.) A large mass of earth and rock, rising above the common level of the earth or adjacent land; earth and rock forming an isolated peak or a ridge; an eminence higher than a hill; a mount.
- (a.) Like a mountain; mountainous; vast; very great.
- (n.) A range, chain, or group of such elevations; as, the White Mountains.
• Mountainous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Inhabiting mountains.
- (a.) Full of, or containing, mountains; as, the mountainous country of the Swiss.
- (a.) Large as, or resembling, a mountain; huge; of great bulk; as, a mountainous heap.
• Mountainet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small mountain.