• Mourning Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Grieving; sorrowing; lamenting.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Mourn
- (a.) Employed to express sorrow or grief; worn or used as appropriate to the condition of one bereaved or sorrowing; as, mourning garments; a mourning ring; a mourning pin, and the like.
- (n.) Garb, drapery, or emblems indicative of grief, esp. clothing or a badge of somber black.
- (n.) The act of sorrowing or expressing grief; lamentation; sorrow.
• Mourn Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To utter in a mournful manner or voice.
- (v. i.) To express or to feel grief or sorrow; to grieve; to be sorrowful; to lament; to be in a state of grief or sadness.
- (v. i.) To wear the customary garb of a mourner.
- (v. t.) To grieve for; to lament; to deplore; to bemoan; to bewail.
• Mourne Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The armed or feruled end of a staff; in a sheephook, the end of the staff to which the hook is attached.
• Mourningly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a mourning manner.