• Mouth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Speech; language; testimony.
- (n.) Cry; voice.
- (n.) The crosspiece of a bridle bit, which enters the mouth of an animal.
- (n.) The opening of a vessel by which it is filled or emptied, charged or discharged; as, the mouth of a jar or pitcher; the mouth of the lacteal vessels, etc.
- (v. i.) To put mouth to mouth; to kiss.
- (n.) A principal speaker; one who utters the common opinion; a mouthpiece.
- (n.) A wry face; a grimace; a mow.
- (v. t.) To form or cleanse with the mouth; to lick, as a bear her cub.
- (n.) The opening of a piece of ordnance, through which it is discharged.
- (n.) The entrance into a harbor.
- (v. t.) To make mouths at.
- (v. t.) To take into the mouth; to seize or grind with the mouth or teeth; to chew; to devour.
- (v. i.) To make grimaces, esp. in ridicule or contempt.
- (n.) The opening through which the waters of a river or any stream are discharged.
- (v. i.) To speak with a full, round, or loud, affected voice; to vociferate; to rant.
- (n.) The opening or entrance of any cavity, as a cave, pit, well, or den.
- (n.) An opening affording entrance or exit; orifice; aperture;
- (v. t.) To utter with a voice affectedly big or swelling; to speak in a strained or unnaturally sonorous manner.
- (n.) The opening through which an animal receives food; the aperture between the jaws or between the lips; also, the cavity, containing the tongue and teeth, between the lips and the pharynx; the buccal cavity.
• Mouth-footed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the basal joints of the legs converted into jaws.