• Movement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The rhythmical progression, pace, and tempo of a piece.
- (n.) Motion of the mind or feelings; emotion.
- (n.) The act of moving; change of place or posture; transference, by any means, from one situation to another; natural or appropriate motion; progress; advancement; as, the movement of an army in marching or maneuvering; the movement of a wheel or a machine; the party of movement.
- (n.) Manner or style of moving; as, a slow, or quick, or sudden, movement.
- (n.) One of the several strains or pieces, each complete in itself, with its own time and rhythm, which make up a larger work; as, the several movements of a suite or a symphony.
- (n.) A system of mechanism for transmitting motion of a definite character, or for transforming motion; as, the wheelwork of a watch.