• Mowed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp.) of Mow
- (p. p.) of Mow
• Mow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut down; to cause to fall in rows or masses, as in mowing grass; -- with down; as, a discharge of grapeshot mows down whole ranks of men.
- (v.) May; can.
- (v. t.) To cut the grass from; as, to mow a meadow.
- (v. t.) To cut down, as grass, with a scythe or machine.
- (pres. sing.) of Mow
- (v. i.) To cut grass, etc., with a scythe, or with a machine; to cut grass for hay.
- (n.) The place in a barn where hay or grain in the sheaf is stowed.
- (v. i.) To make mouths.
- (n.) A heap or mass of hay or of sheaves of grain stowed in a barn.
- (v. t.) To lay, as hay or sheaves of grain, in a heap or mass in a barn; to pile and stow away.
- (n.) Same as Mew, a gull.
- (n.) A wry face.
• Mowe Definition & Synonyms
- (pl.) of Mow
- (n. & v.) See 1st & 2d Mow.
- (v.) See 4th Mow.