• Mud Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Earth and water mixed so as to be soft and adhesive.
- (v. t.) To make muddy or turbid.
- (v. t.) To bury in mud.
• Muddy-mettled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Dull-spirited.
• Muddying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Muddy
• Mudsill Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The lowest sill of a structure, usually embedded in the soil; the lowest timber of a house; also, that sill or timber of a bridge which is laid at the bottom of the water. See Sill.
- (n.) Fig.: A person of the lowest stratum of society; -- a term of opprobrium or contempt.