• Muffing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Muff
• Muff Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A failure to hold a ball when once in the hands.
- (n.) A stupid fellow; a poor-spirited person.
- (n.) A soft cover of cylindrical form, usually of fur, worn by women to shield the hands from cold.
- (n.) The whitethroat.
- (n.) A blown cylinder of glass which is afterward flattened out to make a sheet.
- (n.) A short hollow cylinder surrounding an object, as a pipe.
- (v. t.) To handle awkwardly; to fumble; to fail to hold, as a ball, in catching it.