• Mull Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To heat, sweeten, and enrich with spices; as, to mull wine.
- (v. i.) To work (over) mentally; to cogitate; to ruminate; -- usually with over; as, to mull over a thought or a problem.
- (v. t.) To powder; to pulverize.
- (n.) An inferior kind of madder prepared from the smaller roots or the peelings and refuse of the larger.
- (v. t.) To dispirit or deaden; to dull or blunt.
- (n.) Dirt; rubbish.
- (n.) A thin, soft kind of muslin.
- (n.) A promontory; as, the Mull of Cantyre.
- (n.) A snuffbox made of the small end of a horn.
• Muller Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vessel in which wine, etc., is mulled over a fire.
- (n.) One who, or that which, mulls.
- (n.) A stone or thick lump of glass, or kind of pestle, flat at the bottom, used for grinding pigments or drugs, etc., upon a slab of similar material.
• Mullet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Small pinchers for curling the hair.
- (n.) A star, usually five pointed and pierced; -- when used as a difference it indicates the third son.
- (n.) Any species of the genus Mullus, or family Mullidae; called also red mullet, and surmullet, esp. the plain surmullet (Mullus barbatus), and the striped surmullet (M. surmulletus) of Southern Europe. The former is the mullet of the Romans. It is noted for the brilliancy of its colors. See Surmullet.
- (n.) Any one of numerous fishes of the genus Mugil; -- called also gray mullets. They are found on the coasts of both continents, and are highly esteemed as food. Among the most valuable species are Mugil capito of Europe, and M. cephalus which occurs both on the European and American coasts.