• Multiplication Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of multiplying, or of increasing in number; the state of being multiplied; as, the multiplication of the human species by natural generation.
- (n.) The art of increasing gold or silver by magic, -- attributed formerly to the alchemists.
- (n.) An increase above the normal number of parts, especially of petals; augmentation.
- (n.) The process of repeating, or adding to itself, any given number or quantity a certain number of times; commonly, the process of ascertaining by a briefer computation the result of such repeated additions; also, the rule by which the operation is performed; -- the reverse of division.