• Multiply Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To increase amount of gold or silver by the arts of alchemy.
- (v. t.) To add (any given number or quantity) to itself a certain number of times; to find the product of by multiplication; thus 7 multiplied by 8 produces the number 56; to multiply two numbers. See the Note under Multiplication.
- (v. i.) To increase in extent and influence; to spread.
- (v. i.) To become greater in number; to become numerous.
- (v. t.) To increase in number; to make more numerous; to add quantity to.
- (v. t.) To increase (the amount of gold or silver) by the arts of alchemy.
• Multiplying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Multiply