• Murmured Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Murmur
• Murmur Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To utter or give forth in low or indistinct words or sounds; as, to murmur tales.
- (v. i.) A complaint half suppressed, or uttered in a low, muttering voice.
- (v. i.) To make a low continued noise, like the hum of bees, a stream of water, distant waves, or the wind in a forest.
- (v. i.) To utter complaints in a low, half-articulated voice; to feel or express dissatisfaction or discontent; to grumble; -- often with at or against.
- (v. i.) A low, confused, and indistinct sound, like that of running water.