• Muscat Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A name given to several varieties of Old World grapes, differing in color, size, etc., but all having a somewhat musky flavor. The muscat of Alexandria is a large oval grape of a pale amber color.
• Muscatel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Finest raisins, dried on the vine; "sun raisins."
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or designating, or derived from, a muscat grapes or similar grapes; a muscatel grapes; muscatel wine, etc.
- (n.) A common name for several varieties of rich sweet wine, made in Italy, Spain, and France.