• Muse Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A particular power and practice of poetry.
- (v. t.) To wonder at.
- (n.) To be absent in mind; to be so occupied in study or contemplation as not to observe passing scenes or things present; to be in a brown study.
- (n.) Wonder, or admiration.
- (n.) A gap or hole in a hedge, hence, wall, or the like, through which a wild animal is accustomed to pass; a muset.
- (n.) To wonder.
- (n.) A poet; a bard.
- (n.) To think closely; to study in silence; to meditate.
- (v. t.) To think on; to meditate on.
- (n.) One of the nine goddesses who presided over song and the different kinds of poetry, and also the arts and sciences; -- often used in the plural.
- (n.) Contemplation which abstracts the mind from passing scenes; absorbing thought; hence, absence of mind; a brown study.
• Mused Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Muse
• Musette Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small bagpipe formerly in use, having a soft and sweet tone.
- (n.) An air adapted to this instrument; also, a kind of rustic dance.