• Muttering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Mutter
• Mutter Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To utter words indistinctly or with a low voice and lips partly closed; esp., to utter indistinct complaints or angry expressions; to grumble; to growl.
- (n.) Repressed or obscure utterance.
- (v. i.) To sound with a low, rumbling noise.
- (v. t.) To utter with imperfect articulations, or with a low voice; as, to mutter threats.
• Mutteringly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With a low voice and indistinct articulation; in a muttering manner.