• Objected Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Object
• Object Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Sight; show; appearance; aspect.
- (v. t.) That which is set, or which may be regarded as set, before the mind so as to be apprehended or known; that of which the mind by any of its activities takes cognizance, whether a thing external in space or a conception formed by the mind itself; as, an object of knowledge, wonder, fear, thought, study, etc.
- (v. t.) To set before or against; to bring into opposition; to oppose.
- (v. t.) A word, phrase, or clause toward which an action is directed, or is considered to be directed; as, the object of a transitive verb.
- (a.) Opposed; presented in opposition; also, exposed.
- (v. t.) That by which the mind, or any of its activities, is directed; that on which the purpose are fixed as the end of action or effort; that which is sought for; end; aim; motive; final cause.
- (v. t.) That which is put, or which may be regarded as put, in the way of some of the senses; something visible or tangible; as, he observed an object in the distance; all the objects in sight; he touched a strange object in the dark.
- (v. i.) To make opposition in words or argument; -- usually followed by to.
- (v. t.) To offer in opposition as a criminal charge or by way of accusation or reproach; to adduce as an objection or adverse reason.