• Oblique Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not direct in descent; not following the line of father and son; collateral.
- (v. i.) To march in a direction oblique to the line of the column or platoon; -- formerly accomplished by oblique steps, now by direct steps, the men half-facing either to the right or left.
- (a.) Not straightforward; indirect; obscure; hence, disingenuous; underhand; perverse; sinister.
- (n.) An oblique line.
- (v. i.) To deviate from a perpendicular line; to move in an oblique direction.
- (a.) Not erect or perpendicular; neither parallel to, nor at right angles from, the base; slanting; inclined.
• Obliqueness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Quality or state of being oblique.