• Observant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An Observantine.
- (n.) A sycophantic servant.
- (a.) Taking notice; viewing or noticing attentively; watchful; attentive; as, an observant spectator; observant habits.
- (a.) Submissively attentive; obediently watchful; regardful; mindful; obedient (to); -- with of, as, to be observant of rules.
- (n.) One who observes forms and rules.
• Observantly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an observant manner.
• Observantine Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a branch of the Order of Franciscans, who profess to adhere more strictly than the Conventuals to the intention of the founder, especially as to poverty; -- called also Observants.