• Obstruct Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To be, or come, in the way of; to hinder from passing; to stop; to impede; to retard; as, the bar in the harbor obstructs the passage of ships; clouds obstruct the light of the sun; unwise rules obstruct legislation.
- (v. t.) To block up; to stop up or close, as a way or passage; to place an obstacle in, or fill with obstacles or impediments that prevent or hinder passing; as, to obstruct a street; to obstruct the channels of the body.
• Obstructer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who obstructs or hinders.
• Obstructive Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tending to obstruct; presenting obstacles; hindering; causing impediment.
- (n.) An obstructive person or thing.