• Obstruct Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To be, or come, in the way of; to hinder from passing; to stop; to impede; to retard; as, the bar in the harbor obstructs the passage of ships; clouds obstruct the light of the sun; unwise rules obstruct legislation.
- (v. t.) To block up; to stop up or close, as a way or passage; to place an obstacle in, or fill with obstacles or impediments that prevent or hinder passing; as, to obstruct a street; to obstruct the channels of the body.
• Obstructing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Obstruct
• Obstruction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which obstructs or impedes; an obstacle; an impediment; a hindrance.
- (n.) The act of obstructing, or state of being obstructed.
- (n.) The condition of having the natural powers obstructed in their usual course; the arrest of the vital functions; death.