• Occasion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An occurrence or condition of affairs which brings with it some unlooked-for event; that which incidentally brings to pass an event, without being its efficient cause or sufficient reason; accidental or incidental cause.
- (v. t.) To give occasion to; to cause; to produce; to induce; as, to occasion anxiety.
- (n.) A falling out, happening, or coming to pass; hence, that which falls out or happens; occurrence; incident.
- (n.) Need; exigency; requirement; necessity; as, I have no occasion for firearms.
- (n.) A favorable opportunity; a convenient or timely chance; convenience.
- (n.) A reason or excuse; a motive; a persuasion.
• Occasionable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being occasioned or caused.