• Ocean Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the large bodies of water into which the great ocean is regarded as divided, as the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic and Antarctic oceans.
- (n.) An immense expanse; any vast space or quantity without apparent limits; as, the boundless ocean of eternity; an ocean of affairs.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the main or great sea; as, the ocean waves; an ocean stream.
- (n.) The whole body of salt water which covers more than three fifths of the surface of the globe; -- called also the sea, or great sea.
• Oceanography Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A description of the ocean.