• Ochre Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Ocher.
- (n.) A metallic oxide occurring in earthy form; as, tungstic ocher or tungstite.
- (n.) A impure earthy ore of iron or a ferruginous clay, usually red (hematite) or yellow (limonite), -- used as a pigment in making paints, etc. The name is also applied to clays of other colors.
• Ochreate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Ochreated
• Ochreated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wearing or furnished with an ochrea or legging; wearing boots; booted.
- (a.) Provided with ochrea, or sheathformed stipules, as the rhubarb, yellow dock, and knotgrass.