• Odd Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Remaining over; unconnected; detached; fragmentary; hence, occasional; inconsiderable; as, odd jobs; odd minutes; odd trifles.
- (superl.) Left over after a definite round number has been taken or mentioned; indefinitely, but not greatly, exceeding a specified number; extra.
- (superl.) Not divisible by 2 without a remainder; not capable of being evenly paired, one unit with another; as, 1, 3, 7, 9, 11, etc., are odd numbers.
- (superl.) Not paired with another, or remaining over after a pairing; without a mate; unmatched; single; as, an odd shoe; an odd glove.
- (superl.) Different from what is usual or common; unusual; singular; peculiar; unique; strange.
• Od Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An alleged force or natural power, supposed, by Reichenbach and others, to produce the phenomena of mesmerism, and to be developed by various agencies, as by magnets, heat, light, chemical or vital action, etc.; -- called also odyle or the odylic force.
• Oddity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is odd; as, a collection of oddities.
- (n.) The quality or state of being odd; singularity; queerness; peculiarity; as, oddity of dress, manners, and the like.