• One Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A symbol representing a unit, as 1, or i.
- (n.) A single person or thing.
- (a.) Pointing out a contrast, or denoting a particular thing or person different from some other specified; -- used as a correlative adjective, with or without the.
- (n.) A single unit; as, one is the base of all numbers.
- (a.) Single in kind; the same; a common.
- (a.) Denoting a person or thing conceived or spoken of indefinitely; a certain. "I am the sister of one Claudio" [Shak.], that is, of a certain man named Claudio.
- (a.) Being a single unit, or entire being or thing, and no more; not multifold; single; individual.
- (a.) Single; inmarried.
- (indef. pron.) Any person, indefinitely; a person or body; as, what one would have well done, one should do ones self.
- (v. t.) To cause to become one; to gather into a single whole; to unite; to assimilite.
- (a.) Closely bound together; undivided; united; constituting a whole.
• Oneirocritics Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art of interpreting dreams.
• Oneiroscopist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who interprets dreams.