• Oppose Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To compete with; to strive against; as, to oppose a rival for a prize.
- (n.) To resist or antagonize by physical means, or by arguments, etc.; to contend against; to confront; to resist; to withstand; as, to oppose the king in battle; to oppose a bill in Congress.
- (v. i.) To be set opposite.
- (n.) To put in opposition, with a view to counterbalance or countervail; to set against; to offer antagonistically.
- (v. i.) To make objection or opposition in controversy.
- (n.) To place in front of, or over against; to set opposite; to exhibit.
- (v. i.) To act adversely or in opposition; -- with against or to; as, a servant opposed against the act.
• Opposed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Oppose