• Option Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A right formerly belonging to an archbishop to select any one dignity or benefice in the gift of a suffragan bishop consecrated or confirmed by him, for bestowal by himself when next vacant; -- annulled by Parliament in 1845.
- (n.) A wishing; a wish.
- (n.) The exercise of the power of choice; choice.
- (n.) The power of choosing; the right of choice or election; an alternative.
- (n.) A stipulated privilege, given to a party in a time contract, of demanding its fulfillment on any day within a specified limit.
• Optional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Involving an option; depending on the exercise of an option; left to ones discretion or choice; not compulsory; as, optional studies; it is optional with you to go or stay.
- (n.) See Elective, n.