• Orbed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Orb
- (a.) Having the form of an orb; round.
• Orb Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A body of soldiers drawn up in a circle, as for defense, esp. infantry to repel cavalry.
- (n.) A blank window or panel.
- (n.) A sphere of action.
- (n.) A spherical body; a globe; especially, one of the celestial spheres; a sun, planet, or star.
- (n.) A circle; esp., a circle, or nearly circular orbit, described by the revolution of a heavenly body; an orbit.
- (v. t.) To encircle; to surround; to inclose.
- (n.) One of the azure transparent spheres conceived by the ancients to be inclosed one within another, and to carry the heavenly bodies in their revolutions.
- (v. i.) To become round like an orb.
- (n.) The eye, as luminous and spherical.
- (v. t.) To form into an orb or circle.
- (n.) Same as Mound, a ball or globe. See lst Mound.
- (n.) A period of time marked off by the revolution of a heavenly body.
- (n.) A revolving circular body; a wheel.