• Outline Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The line which marks the outer limits of an object or figure; the exterior line or edge; contour.
- (n.) In art: A line drawn by pencil, pen, graver, or the like, by which the boundary of a figure is indicated.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To sketch out or indicate as by an outline; as, to outline an argument or a campaign.
- (n.) A sketch composed of such lines; the delineation of a figure without shading.
- (v. t.) To draw the outline of.
- (n.) Fig.: A sketch of any scheme; a preliminary or general indication of a plan, system, course of thought, etc.; as, the outline of a speech.
• Outlined Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Outline
• Outlinear Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to an outline; being in, or forming, an outline.