• Overrun Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To abuse or oppress, as if by treading upon.
- (p. p.) of Overrun
- (v. i.) To run, pass, spread, or flow over or by something; to be beyond, or in excess.
- (v. t.) To extend the contents of (a line, column, or page) into the next line, column, or page.
- (v. t.) To run over; to grow or spread over in excess; to invade and occupy; to take possession of; as, the vine overran its trellis; the farm is overrun with witch grass.
- (v. t.) To exceed in distance or speed of running; to go beyond or pass in running.
- (v. i.) To extend beyond its due or desired length; as, a line, or advertisement, overruns.
- (v. t.) To go beyond; to extend in part beyond; as, one line overruns another in length.
- (v. t.) To carry over, or back, as type, from one line or page into the next after, or next before.
• Overrunning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Overrun
• Overrunner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One that overruns.