• Overwhelm Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to surround, to cover.
- (v. t.) To project or impend over threateningly.
- (n.) The act of overwhelming.
- (v. t.) To cover over completely, as by a great wave; to overflow and bury beneath; to ingulf; hence, figuratively, to immerse and bear down; to overpower; to crush; to bury; to oppress, etc., overpoweringly.
• Overwhelmed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Overwhelm
• Overwhelming Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Overwhelm
- (a.) Overpowering; irresistible.