• Ox Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The male of bovine quadrupeds, especially the domestic animal when castrated and grown to its full size, or nearly so. The word is also applied, as a general name, to any species of bovine animals, male and female.
• Oxidize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To combine with oxygen or with more oxygen; to add oxygen to; as, to oxidize nitrous acid so as to form nitric acid.
- (v. t.) To combine with oxygen, or subject to the action of oxygen, or of an oxidizing agent.
- (v. t.) To subject to the action of oxygen or of an oxidizing agent, so as to bring to a higher grade, as an -ous compound to an -ic compound; as, to oxidize mercurous chloride to mercuric chloride.
- (v. t.) To remove hydrogen from (anything), as by the action of oxygen; as, to oxidize alcohol so as to form aldehyde.
• Oxshoe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A shoe for oxen, consisting of a flat piece of iron nailed to the hoof.