• Paddling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Paddle
• Paddle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To dabble in water with hands or feet; to use a paddle, or something which serves as a paddle, in swimming, in paddling a boat, etc.
- (v. i.) See Paddle staff (b), below.
- (v. i.) One of the broad boards, or floats, at the circumference of a water wheel, or paddle wheel.
- (v. i.) The broad part of a paddle, with which the stroke is made; hence, any short, broad blade, resembling that of a paddle.
- (v. i.) A small gate in sluices or lock gates to admit or let off water; -- also called clough.
- (v. i.) To use the hands or fingers in toying; to make caressing strokes.
- (v. i.) A paddle-shaped foot, as of the sea turtle.
- (v. t.) To propel with, or as with, a paddle or paddles.
- (v. i.) An implement with a broad blade, which is used without a fixed fulcrum in propelling and steering canoes and boats.
- (v. t.) To pat or stroke amorously, or gently.
- (v. i.) A paddle-shaped implement for string or mixing.
- (v. t.) To pad; to tread upon; to trample.